22. Juli 2012

Manhattan Grad

Long time no sponging...right? : ) I honestly missed it. It's such a cool and easy technique, which gives amazing effects on nails, but I somehow ignored it lately. Well, now is the time to catch up! 

gradient nails

gradient nails

gradient nails

On the pics you see Manhattan 78J sponged with Amour Blue Glitter and some strokes of Wet'n'Wild Kaleidoscope. It actually took me 5 minutes to create all this : )

gradient nails

gradient nails

gradient nails

Of course, I'll show the base polish - Manhattan 78J - by itself too. Might be irrelevant, because it's from an old Manhattan&Buffalo LE, but the shade is very pretty. When I was buying it, I was sure it would be a neon blue. But no! It's a bright, "electric" blue summer colour, but not neon. Which is perfect for me. Actually, THIS is the colour I expected OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui to be, and not a boring teal. 

Manhattan Nagellack nail polish

Manhattan Nagellack nail polish

Manhattan Nagellack nail polish

Manhattan Nagellack nail polish

One more last thing.. I cut one of my fingers really badly, and originally these swatches included a big bloody wound as well, lol. But thanks heaven, with our modern apps&tools it was quite easy to erase it in 2 clicks. I'm just curious.. can you see anything? Which finger did I cut? :) :)

16 Kommentare:

  1. I really like that blue, it's very pretty!
    It's impossible to see which finger you cut, but my guess is that you cut your pinky. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I liked this blue a lot, too!
      You're right, pinky :)

      Löschen
  2. I like this blue nail polish. And I think I really like Manhattan bottles :) You know, I miss sponging too but I am always so lazy! Yours came out really really good :D I love the colours you chose. I must try to sponge with effect toppers or glitter too :P Oh, and my guess for the finger cut is..... your index finger!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Manhattan makes nice stuff, the only thing they are missing is the names for the polishes.. These numbers are so dumb! And sponging is fun and easy, especially when you are bored to stamp or paint something :) I cut my pinkie though, but I'm glad it's not so visible :) I was very upset cuz in the beginning I though I won't be able to swatch at all :)

      Löschen
  3. I can't see which finger did you cut! I think u did a great job on your pics :)
    By the way this gradient is perfect!
    http://cocosnailss.blogspot.fr

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a beautiful blue! I love the glittery tips *-*

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. It's a really lovely blue from manhattan, I wish they would use names in stead of numbers :) - lovely mani!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) Me tooo, these numbers are so disappointing..

      Löschen
  6. Красотища! Очень красивый сине-голубой.
    Кстати, я тоже раньше баловалась таким способом по краю, и тоже как-то забыла про него.
    В праздники удобно, когда и готовить надо, и маникюр сберечь. Глиттер всегда основу держит железобетонно, и оттирать не так, как со всей пластины.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо) Я тоже много делала таких со спонжем именно на праздники) Еще очень хорошо ими маникюр освежать - подкрасил стертые концы, пошлепал губкой, и все как новое)) С глиттером проблем меньше, да, чем когда весь ноготь.

      Löschen
  7. On the first picture your pinky seems a bit more red than all the others, so let's say you cut your pinky. Mind you, it could all be just a play of light and my brain lying to me, since I'm deliberately searching for someting on pictures that isn't visible. :D You did a very nice job hiding the cut, if you wouldn't have mentioned it, I'd never even think of it, let alone find it. Oh, and the nails are gorgeous, but I've already told you that so many times, I feel like I'm only repeating myself, you know I'm a fan. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much :))) I cut my pinkie, indeed :) I never really retouched such things before, and I was surprised how easy it is. And started to wonder, why on some swatches we see cuts, huge hangnails, hairs, cotton pieces, polish spots - it's so easy to get rid of them even if one didn't see them before swatching.. Matter of taste, of course.. :)

      Löschen
  8. This type of gradient is still my favorite and when there is blue I'm sold

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) I love glitter gradients too. Next time I'll do royal dark blue with gold glitter - that's the plan :)

      Löschen