21. Dezember 2012

Craving For Alice

The glitterisation of my brain is in its prime phase, and the Christmas stuff and decorations all around are only reinforcing it : ) Today I'll shift a bit from traditional red-green-white Xmas scheme to the blue side of the colour range. I decided to do a glitter layering - gold over electric blue. I wanted to try this combination long ago, mostly because I'm still craving for OPI Absolutely Alice, which is unreal to find for reasonable money :{


As a base I was using Amour Blue Glitter, a lovely dense electric blue glitter, which I always dig out of my stash in winter time. I already showed it here, but I decided to do a bit of reswatching : ) Two coats and top coat on the photos below.

Amour Blue Glitter

Amour Blue Glitter

As much as I like this polish by itself, I layered it with one thin coat of Andreia #93 (you can see it alone here), and I was very satisfied with the combination : ) Blue glitter with the sparkles of gold, how cool is that..





Although it may not be a dupe of Absolutely Alice - Alice has a darker blue base, now that I did this layering  I want Alice much less. Why bother, if I can mix up or layer something similar.. But to mix up Mad As A Hatter (which I also crave) - now THAT is the challenge : )

28 Kommentare:

  1. The golden sparkles are subtle enough to look stunning over that blue! *-*

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Close enough! Your nails ar so beautiful *.*

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you :) I loved the combo, even if it's not exactly Alice.

      Löschen
  3. This combo is amazing. Absolutely Alice is on my WL also. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks :) I don't know if I ever get Alice, but with time I'm more and more ok with its absence :)

      Löschen
  4. This combo looks great and I think it makes a good subsitute for AA!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! If not a full-fledged substitute, it still quenches the thirst of having Alice :)

      Löschen
  5. What a lovely layering! Usually I'm not one to go for golden stuff, but I totally dig this subtle effect. And it does go with all the festiveness of the season. =)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it! :) The holiday season makes me crazy for dazzling polish.. and glitters. Well, you already know it ;)

      Löschen
  6. I may be able to find you that AA!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Поскольку я совершенно равнодушна к таким оттенкам, как Amour, мне твой апгрейд пришелся не просто по душе. Это восхитительно! Так ровно легло покрытие, совершенно нельзя сказать, что это топ. Я бы подумала легко, что так намешано изначально.
    А если их в одну бутылку смешать? )))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Я тоже никогда не думала, что западу на такие убойно яркие глиттеры, пока мне его не прислали по доброте душевной :) А когда попробовала, мне так понравилось!! А золотой шиммер и глиттер я всюду пихаю)) Намешать думала, только не из этих двух - я читала пост девочки, которая вот так вот намешала точнейший клон Элис из пары дешевых глиттеров с CherryCulture.. Меня тоже очень тянет попробовать :)

      Löschen
  8. I too would very much like to get my hands on alice, I think you channeled it well I would wear it any day :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. :) Then you totally understand my feelings :) Maybe one day I'll have Alice, but I'm not as crazy about having it, as I was before.. :)

      Löschen