14. April 2013

Stone Cold

Hello hello, I'm not dead! Just the crazy work which doesn't leave me any time for anything...  however, I'm very happy to show you one of my favourite polishes - China Glaze Stone Cold

China Glaze Stone Cold

Stemming from the Hunger Games Capitol Colours collection, Stone Cold was the only one I really wanted to get. For stamping purposes mostly, but I fell in love with it once I polished my nails for the first time..

China Glaze Stone Cold

Saying that this polish is special means putting it all in a modest way. The texture is a very opaque dark grey matte (!) with visible silver shimmer. Dark asphalt as it is.. So smooth and easy to apply with 1 coat, that you are going to forgive the tip wear after a day. Will you? :)

China Glaze Stone Cold

China Glaze Stone Cold

Attempts to capture the texture - clickable, as usual!

China Glaze Stone Cold

China Glaze Stone Cold

When I see textures like suede, sand, matte etc. on the blogs, I always wonder how they would look like with a top coat. If this is your case as well, here it is - Stone Cold top coated :)

China Glaze Stone Cold

I'd say I like it shiny, but I prefer it in its original look - it reminds me of the Seam, its houses and inhabitants.. :)

China Glaze Stone Cold

You got the thing, I was inspired by The Hunger Games a lot! I finished all 3 books in a few days, I was literally unable to unstick :P So looking forward to seeing the second movie!

China Glaze Stone Cold

China Glaze Stone Cold

China Glaze Stone Cold

To sum it up: I fell in love with Stone Cold - because of the colour, name and the whole thematics of The Hunger Games. In my opinion, Stone Cold is a must have, moreover it works great with the stamping plates. Stone Cold will surely make it to my Top-10 of this year!

Wishing you all a good week, and may the odds be ever in your favor! ^^

29 Kommentare:

  1. Какой же он всё-таки красавец!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Подписываюсь под каждым словом :) И необычный такой!

      Löschen
  2. This nail polish looks nowhere this beautiful on my nails haha.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Really? Why not? Does it change your skin tone to red, or?

      Löschen
  3. It's nice to see you back :) And the polish is really nice, I like mattes with shimmer!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, dear! I'm normally not so keen on mattes, but this is a very special one! :)

      Löschen
  4. It's my favorite grey, and I don't like grey normally, but this one is beautiful!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Wow, I'm glad you like it too! I like grey polishes, although I don't have many of them.. but this one.. I couldn't skip having it! :)

      Löschen
  5. this post is totally in point for me- I'm just reading The Hunger Games and I'm amazed :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, I totally understand you!! I couldn't stop reading the books!! My bf was bringing me food and tea from time to time, and checking if I'm still alive.. :) watch the movie, it's pretty good too.. :)

      Löschen
  6. Hey nice to see you post again :) I like the polish and prefer the matte version :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, I'll try to keep posting without such long breaks.. I think I also like the matte version more! :)

      Löschen
  7. Какой брутальный красавец! В матовом варианте понравился даже больше, хотя я люблю глянец) Красивые фото и маникюр!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо! Я обычно не очень позитивно отношусь к матовым лакам, но перед красотой этого просто не смогла устоять! :)

      Löschen
  8. Good to see you are back :)) Stone Cold is beautiful with its matte finish!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, I'll try not to disappear any more :) Stone Cold rocks!

      Löschen
  9. I LOVED the books, so exciting to read! The polish is beautiful, I'm happy I have it :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Same here, couldn't put the books away! :) I'm glad that you have this polish as well, it's so worth it!

      Löschen
  10. Welcome back! =D
    I was also in a Hunger Game's "fever" from the moment I started reading the books. Then watched the movie. Then ~had to get the polishes. Hehehe... Ok, not all of them, but nearly. Stone Cold came with the bunch and after seeing it on your nails I'm sure it was a great acquisition.
    By the way, things have been pretty hectic over here as well, so no blogging for me, but I've started posting on Tumblr (besides Flickr), you can find me at http://www.tumblr.com/blog/maunimayumi. ;o)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hehe, it was in a reversed way for me: first this collection of China Glaze came out - I barely paid attention, although I thought the polishes were nice. Then watched a movie, liked it, read the books one by one, and now I want all those polishes, lol. You might have heard, but the colors from the CG collection used to have different - much cooler - names before the release, but for some reason they were changed... I'm very glad that you started posting to tumblr! :) Things are hectic for me as well now, but I'll try not to disappear anymore :)

      Löschen
  11. awesome polish, how did i miss it ;)
    love the books, read all three of them, waiting for next movie impatiently :D

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I painted my nails 2 times with it already, you surely know how much it means :) Can't wait for the movie too!! Especially after the trailer came out.. :) :)

      Löschen
  12. Обожаю этот лак! И на тебе потрясающе выглядит!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. И я!! Это один из тех, что я купила после просмотра именно твоих свотчей :) Так что тебе огромное спасибо :)

      Löschen
  13. С топом просто супер выглядит!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Да? А мне вот сам по себе понравился очень, такой летний мокрый от дождя асфальт.. :)

      Löschen
  14. It's fantastic! :-) I love it matte and I love it shiny! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen