7. Juni 2013

Below Deck + Flossy Top

In my stash there are certain polishes which I know I will immediately repurchase once (if ever) they finish. China Glaze Below Deck is one of such shades, and I like it so much that I hope that it either never comes to an end, or it will be forever available at the stores!

China Glaze Below Deck

China Glaze Below Deck is a dusty mixture of purple and grey. Greige? Taupe? Mauve already? Go figure. Besides, on the background of various skin tones, and under different types of light it will look differently. I am just showing how it looks on my hands, and I kindly ask you not to perceive these swatches as an ultimately true colour representation.

China Glaze Below Deck

By the way, here is the comparison with some other popular taupe/mauve shades, I hope you'll find it useful! 

China Glaze Below Deck

A couple of words about the formula: it's awesome!!! One-coater (!), applies like butter, dries fast. Tipwear can be disturbing, but not for those who change their polishes once per 2-3 days - like I do ; )

China Glaze Below Deck

After wearing CG Below Deck for a day, I decided to decorate it somehow - instead of removing it :) Last time I did the golden net stamping (warning: old pics!!!), now I opted for glitter. For a very cool glitter, I should say - Depend Flossy Top #151.  

Dance Legend Flossy 151

Dance Legend Flossy 151

Depend Flossy Top #151 consists of a clear base and middle-sized hexagonal glitter of 4 colours: pink, red, green and blue. Simple combination, yet looking so cool!

Dance Legend Flossy 151

And I decided to experiment with other background colours for Dance Legend #151. Forgot the light green base, argh! Maybe you have some other combination ideas?.. : ) 

Dance Legend Flossy 151

27 Kommentare:

  1. it's gorgeous, and your nails are amazing!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Strangely I like it better without the glitter :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Hm, really? I know it's supercool and a complex shade by itself, but somehow I thought it could be a nice base to layer over.. :)

      Löschen
    2. I don't know why, I like the simplicity of it, I like the glitter over yellow and light blue much better :)

      Löschen
  3. I´m not a huge fan of taupe shades but i really like the combination with the colorful topper <3

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, interesting! I only like taupes if they have a purple hue.. If they are brownish, I just can't stand them :)

      Löschen
  4. Below Deck is the only shade in that color family that I actually like and would wear - and it is pretty :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks! I totally understand you.. I'm so enthusiastic about Below Deck, less about Merino Cool, and all other taupe shades - rather not, not gonna wear them with pleasure :)

      Löschen
  5. Красавец этот Дэк, а я вот свой уже года полтора не доставала.. Так же, как и Мерино Кул.. Мне кажется, точки Дэку лишние, он сам по себе самодостаточный и сложный. А вот на желтой подложке - очень здорово!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо! :) Я тоже таупы свои крайне редко достаю, но тут хотелось даже не таупов, а поносить конкретно этот лак, Дэк - такое тоже бывает :) В следующий раз уложу точечки на желтый или салатовый тогда :)

      Löschen
  6. beautiful base! and a fun DL top, like a confetti! Have you tried to layer it over white? Perhaps It would make all 4 colors to stand out at once.. a crazy look for summer :))

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much for your comment and for the great idea!!! White! Of course, how could I skip that base colour?! Gotta try immediately, should be great! :)

      Löschen
  7. Everything looks great on you :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Очень красивый CG))) Мне понравился как самодостаточный, без топа)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Спасибо, Женя! Мне нравится и с топом, и без топа! А у тебя разве нет Below Deck? :)

      Löschen
    2. Не, у меня такого нет. И видимо зря)))

      Löschen
  9. I really like the way the glitter looks over the light blue base :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for telling, I gotta do a mani with blue+glitter then! :)

      Löschen
  10. Классика, что уж тут и говорить.
    А топ мне этот на более несерьезных оттенках все-таки нравится больше

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Да, а ведь еще 2 года назад он был непонятным оттенком, а не классикой :) Да, может и правда стоит топ на зеленых-желтых-голубых пробовать :)

      Löschen
  11. I read your "newes" post first - so disregard my comment, now I can see what #151 looks like :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Lately I bought 2-3 nail polishes that look very similar to China Glaze Below Deck and I love them! I love dusty shades! :-)

    AntwortenLöschen